Sunday 18 February 2018

Long Weekend

It's a long weekend here in Saskatchewan - Monday being Family Day. G has to work the holiday but had the rest of the weekend off with me.

Yesterday we spent the morning meal planning. On the menu this week: pork schnitzel, Greek pasta salad, cabbage rolls and cajun chicken pasta (using this BudgetBytes recipe). After we organized, we packed up our SUV with a load of recycling to drop off and went grocery shopping. It was a pretty normal Saturday but it felt nice to get some of the garage cleared out - recycling is neglected during the cold winter months.

We haven't left the house all day today. Instead opting to watch the Olympics and I've finally convinced G to watch Mr Robot with me! The never ending laundry pile continues to keep us busy today. I cleaned out our linen closet upstairs. Downsizing what we had by nearly half. I have a good amount to donate, next time the CD is in our area. I made so much room I was able to move our bulk cleaning supplies in that closet so everything is in the same spot. I've nearly gotten a storage shelf downstairs cleaned off, which was a goal this winter.

Next cleaning goal will be our bedside tables and my workout/lounge drawer. I also would like to go thru my closet to reorganize and toss what doesn't fit for spring & summer. We will see how I feel tomorrow and if I'll be bored with G at work.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment