Wednesday 17 June 2015

Quick Grocery Budget Update

It is half way thru the month and I thought I would do an update with my grocery budget. If you remember from this post I am trying to keep our grocery money at $250 this month. As of right now we are at $132.26 which consisted of three different trips. No – we aren’t starving nor eating canned soup – just planning our meals out and being mindful to use what we have in the panty or freezer.

Meal plan for this week?

Tonight we made chicken fajitas yesterday so we will be having left overs today – chicken in the freezer, left over peppers and onions I had cut up last week for salad and a fajitas kit I found in the pantry.
Thursday will be breakfast for dinner – bacon was in the freezer and pancakes will be spiced up with frozen berries
Friday homemade lasagna that I had made a while back and froze, with some garlic toast
Saturday left overs
Sunday baked chicken thighs with vegetable stir-fry (veggies found in the freezer)

Gabe leaves Sunday for another week of training so it’ll just me to feed! I’m really hoping to stay below $200 this month and I seem to be on the right track to do it J


- M

No comments:

Post a Comment