I apologize for leaving that last post on a cliff hanger, and I promise I will air all the dirty laundry soon. But to be honest - blogging wasn't fun anymore. I don't know why (because no one was forcing me), but I felt the need to write more click-bait blog post. I wanted people to keep coming back to find out what happened. It was stressing me out because I felt I couldn't write what I actually wanted to write - no one wants to read a grocery haul post, even though I personally love reading those. I was seriously starting to annoy myself with all this overthinking.
I want to give you all a new introduction. I've toyed with deleting the entire blog (or at least those embarrassing try hard post) but just like my high school 'emo-kid' photos: it's part of who I am.
My name is M, I'm 27 and live in a small rural Saskatchewan town with my husband of 5 years, G, and our blind chocolate lab, Mocha. I'm really happy with my life right now and finally have things back to being organized (somewhat). This won't only be a finance blog, but also a personal blog. Even if no one reads these post I'm using this blog to get my thoughts out.
Since last writing we have:
- Spent three weeks traveling all across Europe, ending in Romania where we attend a wedding and I finally got to meet G's family and see where he grew up
- I recieved another promotion (and raise) within the Credit Union that I work at
- Stopped budgeting, if you can't tell (lol)
- Added $2300 in Line of Credit debt despite my raise
- Took out a $14,500 loan for basement remodel and new windows for the entire house
- Still haven't paid off our SUV
- My parents came out to visit us from Southern Ontario (part of the basement reno was setting up a bedroom for them/other guests)
- We were both asked to stand up in G's best friends wedding next year, we said yes
- G & I have really gotten into to board games (random fact)
We have basically been living without a plan and it has really shown. Now we dig out from this shit again but I'm done feeling embarrassed - lets just get this paid off.
Current debt: $16,652.62 (not including car loan because I don't care about that right now @0.99% fixed, call me reckless!)
Current game plan:
- Get back to budgeting (omg so many fails without tracking anything)
- Pay off the Line of Credit
- Save up $7000 for annual expenses (property taxes, insurances, etc.) and replace as it gets used
- Pay off remodel loan
So that's that. It was so much fun spending all that money, & now we get to have even more fun paying all of it off /sarcasm. ;}
|Me in my natural habitat, surrounding myself with flowers (Bucharest, Romania)|