Monday 25 September 2017

A Surprise Visit

from my mom and dad! 

They had come at the beginning of the month to visit for a week and have been traveling all over Alberta and BC since they left. Well they texted me in the afternoon on Saturday that they were in Swift Current having lunch and I said they should come to our house for the weekend if they didn't mind driving a bit more north. I think the free nights stay and laundry swayed them ;)  

They arrived in the late afternoon and we had a nice relaxing evening talking about their trip and all the places they went too. G and I have a few more road trip ideas in the future after seeing all their photos!

Sunday morning we all took our time getting up in the morning. G was supposed to work but was able to confirm he could take the day off after learning my parents were coming. After having coffee, breakfast and enjoying more conversations - my dad and G brought my parents car into the garage and G did some regular maintenance for them. My mom and me watched a movie inside and did their laundry. 

Later that day while I was preparing dinner, we hooked my parents laptop up to the TV in the living room so we could view all their photos - more stories were shared, maps came out, it was nice to be in the kitchen and having everyone in conversation. The evening was quiet, and we all went to bed a bit early.

They left this morning the same time I left for work. I shed a few tears, as I had a really good time visiting with them and I won't see them again until next April. Each time I see them it reminds me how far we actually are from home. 

This evening the house feels weirdly empty even though G and Mocha are home with me. I know this feeling will pass - it always does - but the home sickness seems to linger longer and longer each time. I'm glad they surprised me and came back to visit one last time. 

I had a really good weekend. <3

- M 

No comments:

Post a Comment