Saturday 30 September 2017

Home Sick and Payweek

At the beginning of the week I wasn't feeling too well, but I brushed it off thinking it was just pms. Tuesday evening, I really didn't feel well but felt better Wednesday morning so I went to work. Big mistake. I ended up spiralling, feeling like someone was stabbing me in the stomach over and over, it wasn't getting better. I drove home after leaving work early and spent the afternoon on the couch. G made me some homemade chicken noodle soup, although I didn't really feel like eating. He made me some ginger tea aswell, which helped settle my stomach. Yesterday I was back to feeling like myself just in time for weekend housework.

The weather has been absolutely beautiful here recently, so we tried to do as much outside today as possible. First we took our area rug from our living room and carpet cleaned it outside. While we were waiting for that to dry in the sun, G taught me how to change the oil in our car. I'm happy to say I did most of it myself! Under his watchful eye and instruction, it wasn't that difficult nor did it take that long. I'm grateful G can do this kind of work at home, I feel even better knowing I'm building my own confidence with car repairs. Nice part about this maintenance? All the supplies were on sale! The oil we only purchase when we see it's 40% off at Canadian Tire and the filters we had stocked up during Napa's annual BOGO sale. I put on a lot of kilometres with my drive to work, plus any city trips we have to do: so it's nice to have all these supplies ready to go when we need to do an oil change.

This week was our pay week and we were able to pay $1300.00 towards our debt. $100 was snowballed, $200 was from a medical reimbursement that we had already paid for, $200 was an automatic payment I have set up bi-weekly, and $800 was from my income. We have exactly $1000.00 left to pay and I'm confident we can accomplish that in October. G is waiting for at least $1500 in meals/incidentals to get reimbursed plus many hours of overtime (they are currently 2 1/2 months behind in processing payouts). It's just a waiting game for now!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment