Sunday 1 October 2017

Sunday Happenings and October Plans

A nice relaxing Sunday here at our house. We took our time getting out of bed, as it was extra cuddly with G not having to run off to work and the windows having been open all night thanks to the mild weather. I love mornings like todays.

G started prepping dinner right away, searing pork shoulder and making sauce for slow cooker pulled pork. It smells so delicious, I keep wanting to open the lid lol. While he was doing that I tackled cleaning up some of the deck planters. I had planted some dahlias this year so I removed those bulbs and have them drying out so they can be stored for the winter. I also have a calla lily plant indoors that has started to go dormant, so I dug those bulbs out for winter storage as well. I transplanted a geranium plant to bring indoors - so we will see if that survives. I just have a few more planters to clean up this week and (sadly) store away the patio furniture. I'm not ready to let go of autumn yet :(

October is going to be a pretty social month for G and I. He is gone to Nashville next week for a bachelor party. G booked his plane ticket for $687.17 and he owes $284.00 for his share of the hotel, which will come out of the cash he is traveling with. I have been watching the rates at work and purchased $1000 USD. Lucky for me, working at a financial institution I can buy and sell USD for a preferred rate - every little bit counts! All of those expenses have been worked into our previous months budget so his trip shouldn't derail October at all.

For me: my best friend and I have a girls city trip planned. We will be staying one night at a hotel, which should work out to be about $82 for my share after taxes. Any shopping I do will come out of my own personal spending account, which I've been saving for this very trip. The meals out, however, will come out of our family budget (I'm estimating $200.00 for drinks and food). I'm really looking forward to this! We've had it planned for a while but it was difficult nailing down a weekend that worked for both of us during the summer. This is going to be one last alcohol-related-hurrah for her before she and her husband start trying for baby #2, so I really want her to enjoy herself. :) & me too of course!

My reading/blog writing nook in our basement
With our new addition to the indoor plant club  <3

The rest of the day we don't really have much planned. G is editing some of our Europe photos right now while I write this and I might help sort thru and flag some of our favourites. We get a photo book printed every year and our Europe trip alone has over 7000 photos - we've since decided this trip should be it's own book for good reasons, lol. Have a good Sunday !

- M 

No comments:

Post a Comment