Sunday 27 April 2014

Final Shopping Totals

So, as I said in my last post my husband and I had quite the slip up last month. These are the final totals:
  • XboxOne Titan Fall Pack: $519.99
  • A video game (can't remember the name): $59.83
That was hubby's part of the damage. Only two items but holy cow game systems are expensive these days! To be fair, video games are he's main source of entertainment and many of his friends play online with him so I know he will get his monies worth. 
  • ASOS Midi Black and White Floral Print Skirt: $73.83
  • Ruche Midi Floral Skirt: $54.99
  • Ruche Polka Dot Blouse $42.99
  • Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush: $38.25
  • Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Lip Balm: $24.65
  • Benefit Boi-ing Concealer: $22.10
    • Free samples with from Sephora order GlamGlow BrightMud Eye Treatment, Marc Jacobs Honey perfume, Be Delicious perfume
  • Indigo Zipper Wallet with Heart: $19.50
  • Clash of Kings (book): $15.16
  • A Storm of Swords (book): $15.16
Yaaaaaa, I went a little bit overboard. That was my first time ordering from ASOS and I was kind of disappointed, well it's my fault really because I didn't do enough research and ordered the skirt in a size too big. I'm having it tailored at a local shop though because I do really like how it looks and the quality. Both items from Ruche though fit me like a glove! I think they are both items I'm going to get a lot of wear out of once the weather starts warming up (if that ever happens).

Sephora, oh Sephora... they were having their VIB 15% off semi-annual sale and I kept getting those stupid emails reminding me. So of course one day I 'innocently' started browsing the website. "Oh I could use this discount to purchase my concealer" -- I was not going to the city anytime soon, it's an expensive product that never goes on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart, and I was running out of my current one (see the excuses building up lol). So I'm trying to think of something else I need to purchase in order to get the free shipping and of course I get pulled into the Dior section of the site. $$$$$$$$$$$ I could already see the dollar signs being added to my cart, lol. However I narrowed it down to two items I had been wanting to try for years, and let me tell all of you... I have zero regrets. That lip balm is luxurious to put on before bed and the blush was made for my skin tone. I'm really happy I purchased them during the sale though and I will keep that in mind next time I need to purchase any of my more expensive makeup or skin care (although that doesn't happen that often because my products are mostly drug store).

My shopping binge came to an end with an order from Indigo/Chapters. I am currently reading, and obsessed with, A Song of Fire and Ice series (aka Game of Thrones). I started reading the first book last week and am flying thru it, so I ordered the next two books in the series which should keep me busy for the next little while. I also got a really cute pink wallet that was on clearance and a gift card for my mom for mothers day which I did not list.

Total damage: $886.45

That basically eliminated one of my pay cheques for the month. We could have been under the $10,000 mark in our Line of Credit if we put it towards that. We could have made an extra mortgage payment. We could have made 9 extra car payments. 14 full tanks of gas in our car. One round trip flight back to Ontario to see my family... Okay, that last one stung a bit.

Although all of the above could have been done if we had not spent that sort of money on stuff, hubby and I discussed it and we don't really have many regrets. All the orders were done thru our credits cards, yes, but we paid them off as soon as the balance showed up and we have zero owing on our cards. And we were still able to put over $4,000 towards our LOC over the last two months. Plus save over 10% of our income. It's all about balance for us, and in a strange way it's amped us up more to pay off our debt completely. This was really surprising to me considering when I tried in the past to pay off my credit cards and I would 'slip up' that would be all it took: the flood gates would open. I would say to myself "F-it, I'm never going to get this paid off might as well just shop to make myself feel better". And shop I would, lol. I felt good in the moment, but always felt worse then before when my statement would come in the mail. This time however it's sort of like, okay we treated ourselves after living with a really really tight budget the last 3 months, lets get this over with. And we will pay it off before summer. That's our goal. It was last August when we opened this LOC and got our first statement showing we owe $19,816.58. It drives me to be able to say we paid off nearly $20,000 of debt in less then one year.

We are going to make that happen people! I really determined now and I got a bunch of cute clothes to wear while doing it ;o)

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment