Sunday 12 July 2020

Long Time No Post

Wow - two entire years of not posting. I had to dust of my old MacBook to even figure out what the email was the get into this account!

It feels good to write again. I’ve wanted to update for a while but life just kept getting in the way. I continued reading a lot of other blogger updates - those that are still around and writing, Cheering, laughing and crying at their post while sitting on my couch on a Sunday morning with my coffee. 

So lets do a TLDR version of 2018 - 2020.

2018 was rough. As you know from previous posts, my grandfather passed away in January of that year. In May we went back home to Ontario again for a wedding - it was good to see everyone again under much happier circumstances. At the very end of June, I got a phone call from my mom saying my grandma (her mother) was entering hospice care and they didn’t think she had much more time. G and I dropped everything and flew to Chicago to meet up with my family. I am so greatful that we were able to have a proper goodbye and was able to see her before she got really bad. 

2019 was a better year mentally. G and I spent a lot of time cooking together. Going camping when the weather was nice. Spending time with friends. I also started a new job in June! Still working at a Credit Union, but this is a much closer drive and MUCH better working environment. Over a year later and I’m still loving my job and hope G never gets transferred, lol. The biggest accomplishment that year was completing the Berg Lake Trail - our first overnight hike. We spent 4 days 3 nights on the trail and the views we absolutely worth it! Another vacation we took was to Mexico for a wedding. First time we’ve ever been south of the United States and it was a bit of a different vacation then we were are used too. However, it was nice to be there with family and friends - and we would definitely go back when we are looking to relax.

2020 so far has been good considering everything going on. In January I had laser eye surgery, which we paid for in cash. Best decision of my life - no complication and no side effects! (And trust me right before my surgery everyone was telling me horror stories...) We had a trip planned in April to England, Wale and Scotland but that obviously got cancelled because of COVID-19. We were able to go all our money back except two hotel booking - one we have a voucher for and the other hotel was just horrible so we bite the bullet for $164. G and I have both been working during this pandemic - nothing has changed financially for us at all. We’ve been enjoying time at home and went camping a few times so far this summer. Our provincial parks are only open to Saskatchewan residents so it’s been nice to explore our own backyard. On Wednesday we got back from Good Spirit Lake Provincial Park and had some wonderful weather for beach days!

I’ll update the finances in another post. For now, I’m going to enjoy my coffee on the deck and be thankful there is a breeze to keep the mosquitoes away.

- M

2 comments:

  1. Well hi there. So good to hear from you again!

    Sorry to hear about the loss of your family members.

    Glad to hear that you both have been able to work through this covid time.

    Hope you are enjoying the summer so far. Lots of rain and mosquitos in my part of this province.

    Hope to see you post again but if life gets in the way, I definitely understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jolie!

      We are enjoying the summer as much as we can. I’m loving the sunshine :)

      Delete