Sunday 27 March 2022

Sunday Happenings

Today was a super productive day. 

G is doing a mid-shift switch from working days yesterday to working nights. We had a detachment get together last night where we played 5 pin glow-bowling, then went to someone’s house afterwards for appetizers. It was a lot of fun, but my butt is sore today, lol. Definitely not used to bowling!

I let G sleep in, and had my coffee quietly in the living room while I wrote my post, read some blogs, and searched for recipes. When G woke up, we made a nice breakfast and regrouped on what we wanted to accomplish. 

1 of the big to do items was to redo the caulking in our kitchen. It’s been cracking just with normal wear and tear, and although it never really bothered us we thought it might be nice to redo. G had redone the caulking in our bathroom a few weeks ago, so he was able to use up that bottle (which would have gone to waste otherwise). We removed everything from countertops, which allowed me to clean them really well, and then G removed the old caulking.

While G was doing that, I was getting dinner prepared. With a possible/probably move on the horizon, we need to start focusing (again) on cleaning out our freezer. As you know, our 1/4 beef purchase left us with A LOT of ground beef. Ground beef we haven’t really touch. I found a recipe this morning for Gyro Meat, which included lamb and ground beef. Although the lamb would have been amazing, we didn’t have any, nor is that something our local Co-op would carry. So I just used ground beef instead. The recipe turned out amazing, G and I were really impressed! We had some mini cucumbers in the fridge, so I made our own Tzatziki sauce - although we didn’t have Greek yogurt, I used sour cream and it turned out just fine. We didn’t have any tomatoes either, but we did have sun dried tomatoes which also worked out alright. This meal was completely last minute, and with a lot of substituted ingredients, but it used up items we had on hand and was delicious! 

In between steps with the kitchen work, G did some paint touch ups around the house and I got out the magic eraser to buff out some marks on the inside of our cabinets. I also decluttered our kitchen and reorganized some areas so they look more presentable when potential buyers come snooping. G was able to finish the caulking just in time for dinner, which he got done right before he had to leave for work. 

My organizing continued after G left, when I tackled my closet and drawers. I added a few more items to the donate pile and a few more items to the packing pile downstairs. 

G and I have next weekend off together and we have deemed it “House Declutter Extravaganza” weekend! We started a shared To Do list of things we want to get done (some of which we were able to check off today). At least we can focus our energy together next weekend and hopefully get our house to a ‘Buy Me’ state.

Although all this clean up and decluttering is nice for buyers, it’s nice for us too. By no means is our house dirty, but this is sort of like a spring deep clean that makes everything fresh again. The looming move is also making us focus on using what we have, since we don’t want to worry about moving it.

- M 

No comments:

Post a Comment