Tuesday 1 March 2022

Sick & Low Key Weekend

This weekend was really low key for us. G hasn’t been feeling well - not sure if it’s just the flu or lingering effects of COVID. He went to work on Monday and Tuesday has been out sick since Wednesday. He had a doctor’s appointment on Friday. The doctor ordered a bunch of tests wanting to get a baseline and have something to compare it to in a month. Yesterday he did mention he felt he had a bit more energy, which is a good sign.

I left work early on Friday for a therapist appointment in a near-by city. I’m not sure if I mentioned I started seeing a therapist or not? It’s been tremendous help and I’m not sure why it took me so long to finally reach out for help. Oh well - I’m in a better place now and in control of my anxiety/stress once again. Because I was in the ‘city’, I was able to go to No Frills and stock up on groceries. I picked up so many fruits and vegetables - surprising myself a bit with the checkout amount. That shopping trip might have put us over our grocery budget for the month (I haven’t updated my spreadsheet yet) but I do think it’s been beneficial for G (and me) to have those snacks in the house. When I got home on Friday, I did a big meal prep, washing and cutting all the vegetables and fruit. Then made a giant batch of veggie soup which we have been enjoying all weekend and will be my lunches for the week.

Like I said, the rest of the weekend was low key but still productive. I did my normal cleaning routine and then washed the bedding/laundry. 8 loads later, I never wanted to fold another piece of laundry again, lol. I finished the book I was reading, MinaLima’s illustrated Harry Potter books. G got me the first two books for Valentine’s Day and they are so beautiful. If you are a Harry Potter fan or know someone who is - definitely look into these books! Like I said, they are colour illustrated and have some interactive pages as well. They are such a cherished gift. I finished the first book and now I’m starting on the second.

I got paid yesterday and was able to chunk $1,500.00 into our general savings. We have $3,000.00 saved we can use towards one of our goals, but I would like to see how tax season and a few other upcoming items play out. There’s a lot of unknowns coming up and when it’s like this I start hoarding cash.

I need to get on actually committing to our goals for the year though… I think that might help focus me a lot better. What an original idea ;) 

- M 

No comments:

Post a Comment