Sunday 27 March 2022

Transfer

We figured it was coming, but I didn’t realize how soon! G was offered (and accepted) a transfer to a specialized unit in Regina. I am beyond excited for him - he worked so hard over the last year to make a good impression and study (and pass) for his certifications. I feel so much better knowing he won’t be taking regular calls anymore - but working in a lab setting with the occasional field support.

It also feels weird to think we are going to be living in a city again. It’s been 10 years this November when we came to Saskatchewan. 10 years of living in a small towns with populations no greater than 1500, no stop lights, 1 grocery store, PO Boxes, knowing a lot of people by first name , random people you’ve never met before knowing your entire life story because everyone loves to talk, lol. 

G and I never found small town living isolating or inconvenient. It’s allowed us to live comfortably and grow to become independent. It allowed us to slowly get our feet under us. I remember when we bought our house during the first move in 2012 and $107,000.00 seemed like such a big mortgage amount. And for us, at the time, it really was because we had no idea what the hell we were doing. We had a negative net worth, no money skills, no savings, and I had no job. We slowly started to grow up and take responsibility for our finances - soon we found a balance that worked for us and put everything on autopilot.

It’s been that foundation we were slowly piecing together back then (much of which I documented on this blog) that has allowed us to live more comfortably now and make bigger leaps. I’m not saying this doesn’t cause me some anxiety, because it does but it also has me reflecting how far we have come since our journey began. I guess this might be more emotional than I thought, haha.

Anyways, we aren’t moving yet. If you read any of my posts from our move in 2016 you know there are a lot of moving parts to this entire process. The biggest thing being we need to sell our house and as you know we live in a small town, so it might take a bit. I took the day yesterday so start decluttering some of our living spaces. These aren’t things I’m going to get rid of permanently, but we also don’t need them on display. I have them all chucked in the spare bedroom for now until I can find some good boxes. 

G has done a few projects around the house, not realizing he was going to get the transfer offer this week, so that was definitely good timing. He has next weekend off with me so I think we will tackle the bigger areas then. Although we are at the extreme early stages of this transfer offer, I don’t want to be caught off guard if Relocation tells us they have an appraiser coming tomorrow or the real estate agent is coming to take photos. The more ahead of the game, the better for my stress.

Are you ready to take this wild ride with me again? Let’s hope it goes as smooth as last time! *fingers crossed*

- M 

No comments:

Post a Comment