Sunday 17 December 2017

Gross Water

G made it in late last night after his flight was delayed. Air Canada had to find a new plane due to issues with the door on the original plane - yikes! Glad he made it home safe. I always get nervous, not the air traffic but driving home in the dark late at night. The wild life in our area has been horrible recently, even though hunters have been all around. I almost hit a buck driving to work a few days ago and someone I work with just had their car written off after hitting a deer. Only a few more days until the winter solstice though! Yay longer days :)

I spent the afternoon and evening yesterday preparing our pot-luck dish plus some holiday treats, catching up on laundry and finishing watching Mr Robot Season 3 (sooooo good!!). It's been frustrating doing laundry as our town is having issues with our water. The water itself is fine but in the winter it always turns a disgusting brownish colour. Needless to say: my whites aren't really white anymore, even with bleach, borax, etc... We have a Reverse Osmosis (RO) system installed in our house for our drinking water but the town is getting RO system that should be up and running in the Spring. Until then I haven't even wanted to take a bath because it looks like I'm bathing in sewage; not exactly relaxing, lol. Once the new treatment plant is up and running I'm treating us to new white fluffy thick towels! Until then, slightly yellowed sad towels will have to do. (And yes, I know I can get coloured towels but I prefer everything in my bathroom to be white, white, white! Easy to bleach and clean lol).

G and I have tomorrow off for medical appointments. I have a general doctors appointment in the morning and then we both see our eye doctor in the city for the afternoon. Nice to get two appointments scheduled the same day to get them out of the way. I'm not sure if my eye script will change or not, possibly just my right eye which is not as clear as the left. We will find our tomorrow regardless.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment