Saturday 30 December 2017

Using The Weather to Our Advantage

I made it thru the work week & G is back home from working up North for a few days. Still not feeling 100% but I got a good solid sleep last night, and slept in for once. I'm hoping the next few days like that will help me finally kick this cold for good. G is working nights this entire weekend, and I have no plans other than staying home - I doubt if I will even be able to stay up until midnight on New Years Eve, lol.

Not going anywhere is fine by me with the weather we have been seeing. Right now it's -45C outside. Although, that's not abnormal for Saskatchewan in the winter, it still really cold. So we are taking advantage of natures freezer and defrosting our deep freeze in the house. G and I took all the food out of the freezer and placed it into a cooler and boxes in the garage. Going thru all the food in there definitely inspired us to use up what we have. G was even the one that suggested it! So January is going to be one of those months for us. Deep freezer, regular freezer, pantry, etc: all going to get used.

We are starting off with a chilli weekend using stewing beef we found buried, cans of beans in our pantry and frozen corn. We also found a ton of frozen buns so those will get used aswell! I have $300 budgeted for food in January so I'm excited to see how this challenge will affect out grocery bill.

Stay warm!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment