Monday 1 January 2018

2018 Goals

Goals for 2018 (Financial and Personal)
  1. Save $7000 towards annual expenses and replace as it gets used
    • Start of Year Balance: $2000
  2. Pay off remodel loan 
    • Start of Year Balance: $13,480
  3. Track and budget each month 
  4. $280k Networth
    • Last year we increased our Networth by $50,768, this is a lofty goal but with a combination of our contribution, payments, employers contributions and a ton of other factors it could happen, right? I guess we will see, lol
    • Start of Year Balance: $218,924
  5. Plant a proper vegetable garden
    • I planted a garden in 2016 and it was awesome! 2017 I planted a small patio garden since I was overwhelmed with my new position at work and didn't have the time to dedicate outside. At the tail end of 2017 I've gotten into my work routine and have a lot more free time, I'm hoping to allocate some of this time to working my garden in the summer.
  6. Max out Wellness benefit at work 
    • As stated above, I've gotten more comfortable and confident at work and that has helped my energy levels when I get home and on weekends. In December, I started to take a yoga class Thursday evenings. This is completely paid for by my work thru a Wellness benefit. I plan to max this out this benefit in 2018, and even once I've maxed it out continue with my yoga classes as it's been a positive addition to my week. 
  7. Complete one camping trips 
    • This will be our first time backcountry camping. We have been purchasing equipment throughout 2017 and have the majority of our stuff. We have a trail and campsites picked out but need to nail down our vacation days at work before we book.
  8. Read 20 books 

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment