Monday 1 January 2018

New Year

Happy New Years everyone!

It was a relaxing New Years Eve for me. G was working, so I FaceTimed with my sister and her husband pretty much the entire night. We played the boardgame Pandemic together and rang in the New Year twice (once in their timezone and another in mine). Overall it was a good night, I was in bed by 1am. G came home sometime early morning after his shift finished. This morning we both slept in, clearly my body really needed the rest because I'm finally starting to feel better.

Cross country board-gaming for the win! Photo my sister took
of their view - with me clearly very focused on my move, lol.
Pandemic is a co-op board game, so I set my board the same
as theirs and am able to see better what our moves could be.
We make it work.

I spent the morning talking to my parents and getting updates on my grandpa. He's been in and out of the hospital for the last few months and yesterday they moved him into the ICU because his health had been desegregating so rapidly. He had started hallucinating and couldn't speak. No one is really sure what is happening. This is when the distance from my family really sucks. I've been looking at flights, just incase. I'll talk to my manager to let her know what is happening and get information about the bereavement policy at work - I know we have one because other people have had to take the time off to go to funerals. Sucks to have to think about this stuff but I want to be prepared and informed so that if I have to go I don't have to worry about all this other stuff.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment