Tuesday 25 January 2022

Long Time No Post 2.0

Okay, I swear we aren’t going to keep meeting like this (famous last words).

Things with G and I are still kicking along but I'll spare you the recap until it comes up in a post.

We have been making some leaps and bounds when it comes to our NetWorth. Last year we had some unfortunate situations happen but after putting it off for waaaaayyy too long I decided to prioritize my mental health and have begun to see a therapist. Funny enough: when I wasn't doing well and things were spinning out of control, I found sitting down and budgeting the best thing to do in order to relax. I'm pretty sure I've reach a new level of pathetic, haha. 

I finalize our 2021 budget spreadsheet last week and a big goal I want to focus on this year is getting our grocery budget under control. We averaged $600.00/month last year - I would like to get that lower but not 100% sure what a reasonable number goal would be. We have deemed January - use it up month - aka the month we get creative with what is in our freezer and pantry. We have ¼ beef coming from a local farmer that might be processed next week, so we really really need that freezer space! So far we used up $249.34 of our $400.00 grocery budget and I feel positive we can keep that number under $350.00 this month.

On the weekend I made a lentil soup, which used up all the lentils we had in the pantry and made a rosemary and sun-dried tomato focaccia to go with it (frozen rosemary was from the garden and sun-dried tomatoes were in the fridge). Yesterday, G made some mici (Romanian sausage) from the freezer and I cut that up to make a salad. Today we are having some minestrone soup (again from the freezer). So, we are defiantly eating well!

This weekend we are testing out some new camping equipment for the first time. In December, we treated ourselves to a hot tent - basically a canvas tent with a stove inside to keep you nice and toasty warm. We decided since we our winters are so long in Saskatchewan we might as well take advantage of it! Since it's our first time winter camping we are just tenting in our backyard (that way we can bail if things go horribly wrong, lol). I will report back and let you if we survive! ;) 

- M



No comments:

Post a Comment