Saturday 29 January 2022

Saturday Happenings

I have been looking forward to the weekend ever since Monday! We have been seriously short staffed at work (new positions since the merger, replacement positions not yet hired, sickness and appointments). All week we have been trying to gather information for our annual audits. It’s one of those things where if I had an hour where I could focus on nothing but these requests, I can easily get them all done, but because we have been down half our staff all week, we are struggling to even get the basics done.

At the end of the day on Friday, my manager and me were at the point where all we could do was laugh - we were trying to cheer each other up because we were so stressed that if we didn’t laugh we might cry, lol. I’m hoping next week is MUCH better. My manager has already said: 1. We can only do what we can do with the resources given and 2. If sickness has worked it’s way thru the office she will have me focusing on the deadline items and only the deadline items. Finger’s crossed!

After such an exhausting week, I came home from work (late) on Friday to all the chores completed - G even had a candle burning in the kitchen for me. Small little actions like that are the best, I don’t think I could have hugged him harder, lol. We had our friends, C & D (plus their two chocolate labs) over for dinner and a game night on Friday as well. It was the perfect way to unwind and start the weekend.

This morning G & I slept in a bit and had a nice breakfast of sour dough biscuits (G makes these with sour dough starter discard after feeding), eggs, and left overs from yesterday’s dinner. We went to the grocery store (see haul below), the community thrift store for some camping blankets, and then gave my car a much needed wash. I’m having a coffee and writing this post and G is downstairs setting up a cutting board stand he designed to print on his 3D printer. I’ll try to remember to take a photo once it’s done.

$47.02 worth of groceries (not pictured: $10.79 pack of toilet paper)

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment