Monday 28 December 2015

Christmas

I hope everyone had Merry Christmas! Although G & I are not able to spend it with our families, we did have a very good day. In the morning I FaceTime’d with my mom, dad, sister and her boyfriend. We opened presents, laughed, my mom cried, I even got to watch them all try hot sauces my sister’s boyfriend had brought from the states! My dad was trying so hard acting like they weren't hot but you could see his face turning red, lol. We talked for about 2 hours - it was really nice.

G and I then started to get ready for a big Christmas plans. Originally we were going to have some people over but that got changed last week, so it was just going to be G and I. He had the day off and brought up going to Saskatoon to go see the new Star Wars movie - we haven’t been to the movies in such a long time so I thought it was a great idea! We even treated ourselves, getting tickets to the VIP theatre and seen the movie in 3D. The nightout: $66.24 ($43.98 for the tickets & $22.26 for popcorn, drink, M&M’s, a chocolate bar and a poutine). There was also the $42 in fuel but that was already built into this months budget (in fact we are $13 under budget). We both enjoyed the movie and had a nice time going to the city without a long list of places we need to go or things we need to buy. It was just a relaxing day; even seen a shooting star on the drive home - both of us made a wish.

So that was our Christmas! Even though we couldn’t spend it with our family in the traditional sense, I’m glad technology has come so far. This time of year always makes me a little sad and seeing their faces really helps. <3


- M 

Christmas Day 
Keeping me busy during the days off 

4 comments:

  1. Technology definitely helps to keep Long distance families connected. Sounds like you had a great trip into the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it really does, I never feel like I'm missing out

      Delete
  2. What a great day you had! Sometimes the holidays not spent with family make the ones that you can spend with them so much better. Hopefully you'll be able to have some family time next year, instead of just Face Time. :)

    And I love your puzzle! I have decided that I need one now, so will be budgeting for that starting in January. Good luck with it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are planning on going to visit sometime in the Fall :) I know my grandma is really looking forward to seeing me lol.

      Thank you! It's actually pretty challenging but I love stepping away from it for a bit and coming back with a fresh pair of eyes and seeing pieces I overlooked before. Keeps me busy during the long winters here.

      Delete