Thursday 17 February 2022

Covid +

Well after nearly two years and some very very close contacts - G & I finally caught Covid.

It started Sunday for him when he came home from work early. He wasn’t feeling well and thought it might be better to come home just in case, as most of his coworkers were out or just getting over Covid themselves. We just took it easy Sunday afternoon and evening. I made the cheeseburger soup and already had a bread going in the bread maker. 

Monday, I went to work feeling fine but G stayed home again, definitely feeling off. Again, we took it easy Monday night, left over soup and bread for dinner - I tested G, but he showed up negative. I ended up going to sleep a little after 8pm - completely exhausted. 

Tuesday, I woke up with a killer headache, but thought it was from sleeping so much. I went to work, caffeine and Advil not touching my headache during the day. G texted me shortly after lunch saying his test came back positive. He woke up feeling a lot more congested and sore throat, but minor symptoms. I tested myself that night when I got home from work, but still negative. Again, went to bed early, but I still had my headache and just wanted to go lay down in the dark. 

Yesterday morning I woke up, headache even worse, sore throat and a fever. G tested me and my test was positive nearly right away. Fever went away after some Tylenol, but the headache was still there for most of the day. My symptoms, like G’s, are mild. This morning I’m a lot more congested, headache but no fever. 

I didn’t go to the grocery store Tuesday after work to ‘stock up’ as it felt a tad irresponsible - even though I was expected to keep working that day. So our meals the next few days are going to be interesting. 

Yesterday we took out Porterhouse steaks and grilled those on the BBQ, with some Caesar salad. I found some onion soup mixes in the pantry, and mixed up one packet up with some sour cream to make a dip with cut up celery to go with it. Today we are going to have oven short ribs, we have all the ingredients except fresh onions - so I might try to mix in one of those soup mixes (honestly, I don’t know how we ended up with so many onion soup packets lol). I’m also going to try to make a beef roast one night and toss together some Mac and cheese with the left over Velveeta cheese from the cheeseburger soup. G was feeling good yesterday after a very long nap, so he fed our sour dough starter, and mixed up some bread with the discard. It’s been proofing overnight in the fridge, so we will bake them up today. While I’m waiting for G to wake up, I might take out croissants out of the freezer to quick proof to have for breakfast this morning. I found an orange in the fridge crisper, so we can share that this morning too!

This experience is definitely forcing us to use what we have and find alternatives when possible - I love it!

- M


No comments:

Post a Comment