Thursday 3 February 2022

A Snow Storm and Weekend Plans

Monday we got a huge snow storm - one of the worst I've had to drive thru in a while. Work sent us home a bit early and I'm glad because once it got dark out, all the highway's in our area (or pretty much the entire southern/central part of the province) had closed. G was working days so I'm glad he didn't have to be working in those conditions because there were a ton of people still trying to drive/getting stuck. We hunkered down Monday night, I did a bit of laundry and other small chores around the house and made us some nice tea. Tuesday's drive to work was much better than the drive home the previous day, just a few areas were the snow had drifted really badly. I stopped for one person who had driven into the ditch but they were fine (just waiting for the tow truck). 

G and I have recently upped our car kits: adding lots of hand warmer, a tow rope, and a space blanket. Although I don't wear my winter boots, hat and gloves when I'm driving I do have all those things in my car just incase. We also have the basics: shovel, jumper cables, etc - it's good insurance just incase myself or someone else needs help.

Dinners this week:

Tuesday: Leftover freezer lasagna

Wednesday: Pork chops (a freezer meal we had marinated and froze) with some roasted potatoes that have been in the pantry for a while.

Thursday (today): G switched to nights, so I'll make myself a salad with some left over pork - maybe roast some more potatoes. Tonight is my cleaning night so I’ll be glad to have an easy no-prep dinner.

Friday: A friend, N, from the city is coming over after I'm done work to have a pizza and movie night with me. G is working nights but I’m ordering a bit extra pizza in case those that are on shift can come over for a quick bite to eat.

Saturday: I’m going to use one of our roasts we got from our quarter beef to make a slow cooker French Dip! I’ll probably make some buns to go with it since I’ll be in the kitchen most of the day on Saturday. I’m also going to make some Beef Broth with some of the bones we had gotten from the beef as well. THAT is a process, lol. I’ll have to wake up easily on Saturday (after a late night on Friday) but I definitely think it’ll be worth it. We have chicken stock in the freezer but not beef - so I think that will be nice to have on hand. 

Sunday: Left overs! & Probably a relaxing day after spending most of Saturday in the kitchen

- M 

No comments:

Post a Comment