Sunday 16 November 2014

Rest of the Month

G got his pay stub already even though he doesn't get paid until next Wednesday, so I took this opportunity to plan out the rest of the month. Things are looking pretty good and we will have $4000 left on the LOC by the end of this month. We will also have a $500 buffer in our chequing account to get us thru the early bills at the beginning of next month. I feel this puts us in a pretty good position financially coming up. With the regular $1000 payment on the LOC in December plus if G gets paid out the overtime we are on track to have the debt paid off for January.

I know it sounds really corny and extremely cliche but I'm really looking forward to the New Year. I've started jotting down my goals which I will share closer to January. It's nice to be accountable and have a blog to actually track the progress. This year has kind of been a roller coaster for our bank account: paying off our crazy debt, getting into debt again, working on paying it off again, starting to save for our retirement and future purchases. I don't want to sound naive but I'm ready for a new start. This doesn't mean I'm going to give up for the rest of the year and let our finances go to hell in a designer hand basket; if there is a way we can pay off the LOC before the end of the year I'm going to do it! The countdown is on.

Anyone else thinking about the New Year? Please tell me I'm not the only crazy planner!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment